Kathleen Barnes is a passionate natural health advocate, author, writer and publisher who has devoted nearly 40 years to educating the public about healthy living. She is an unusually versatile writer with experience as a journalist in print, broadcast and online media and as an author, editor and publisher with 20 books to her credit as well as coaching clients through health, career and relationship transformations for more than three decades.
She is author, co-author and editor of 20 books, most of them on natural health subjects. Her passion for natural health and sustainable living has its roots in the early days of the natural health movement.
Kathleen is a regular blogger on her website. Her articles are regularly published in Natural Awakenings magazine.
She also owns a publishing company, Take Charge Books that offers a unique model of publishing that encourages first time authors and any author who wants to publish a book in a conscious manner.
Her book titles include:
- Author of Food Is Medicine: 101 Prescriptions from the Garden (Take Charge Books, 2015).
- Editor of What Doctors Fail to Tell Your About Iodine and Your Thyroid (with Dr Robert Thompson, To Your Health Boos, 2015).
- Editor of Yesterday When I was Crazy (by Paula Potts, Take Charge Books, 2014).
- Editor of Today, Tomorrow, Hereafter: Retirement Planning and Legacy Preservation
(by Janet Metzinger, Take Charge Books, 2014).
- Co-author of The Calcium Lie 2: What Your Doctor Still Doesn't Know (with Dr. Robert Thompson, Take Charge Books, 2013).
- 10 Best Series, including 10 Best Ways to Manage Stress (Take Charge Books, 2013).
- Editor of Wearing a Mark Called Normal: One Woman's Journey from Abuse to Emotional Healing (by Amrita Maat, Take Charge Books, 2013)
- Author of The Super Simple HCG Diet (Square One, 2011).`
- Rx from the Garden: 101 Food Cures You Can Easily Grow (Adams Media, 2011).
- Editor of Be Young and Beyond by Shu Li, Ph.D. and Ping Wu, M.D., Ph.D. (YoungBodyMind Books, 2011).
- Editor of Life and Spirit in the Quantum Field by Doug Bennett (Take Charge Books 2010).
- Author of 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health: A Take Charge Plan for Women (2nd edition) with Dr. Hyla Cass (Take Charge Books, 2008).
- Author of The Calcium Lie: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know Might Kill You with Dr. Robert Thompson (Take Charge Books, 2008).
- Author of The Secret of Health: Breast Wisdom with Dr. Ben Johnson (Morgan James, 2007).
- Author of 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health: A Woman’s Take Charge Program with Dr. Hyla Cass (McGraw-Hill, 2005). Nautilus Award finalist 2005.
- Author of Users Guide to Natural Hormone Replacement (Basic Health Publications, 2006).
- Author of User’s Guide to Thyroid Disorders (Basic Health Publications, 2006).
- Author of Arthritis and Joint Health (Woodland Publishing, 2005).